Live has become a must on social networks and is now invading the e-commerce world with live shopping. Entertaining and engaging, it's the new trend to follow. You want to start live shopping but you don't know where to start? Here are some keys to help you!
1/ Live-commerce: what are the fundamentals of the solution?
A live shopping solution is based on two pillars:
- The first is technological, since live commerce requires a broadcasting platform. This can be your e-commerce site or your social networks.
- The second is marketing, based on :
- an identified community with which you know how to interact, and which will bring traffic to your site,
- a strong brand image, which will give consumers confidence,
- a good knowledge of the products and their uses in order to provide customers with the best possible support in their purchasing decision.
It is possible to get started in live commerce with these basics. However, if you want to make the best use of this solution, other elements are essential.
2/ What are the essentials for setting up live shopping?
Before embarking on a live shopping session, it is important to prepare beforehand:
- Check that your website is functional, that your interface is pleasant and that navigation is easy and fast;
- Be present on social networks and create a community where you can communicate about your event;
- Partner with private labels - to highlight attractive products - but also with influencers, who will give you the benefit of their recommendation power;
- Promote your event with pre- and post-broadcast teasings to arouse the curiosity of your community and generate engagement;
- Rely on a specialised tool that will allow you to broadcast your live show in good conditions while relieving you of technical constraints.
Once you have all these elements, you will need to prepare for the live broadcast:
- Build up the flow of your presentation and rehearse it to avoid any mistakes. To do this, choosing a seasoned presenter who is comfortable in front of the camera and knows the product to be presented is essential to convince your customers;
- Have the right equipment to capture your intervention: webcam, microphone and quality computers, as well as one or more cameras;
- Have a high performance connection to provide your audience with a smooth and seamless viewing experience.
Have you finished your preparation? All you have to do is take the plunge
3/ You don't have these elements: where to start?
If you don't tick all the boxes, here are a few ways to get started:
- First of all, think about optimising your website on a technical level (loading speed, responsive site...) but also on a marketing level (SEO, content creation...) to offer a better user experience and boost the traffic of your e-commerce site;
- Analyze trends and your business objectives to choose THE product to highlight at your live event;
- Then, identify the best speakers to have the most natural and convincing presentation possible (in-house product specialist or influencer). Don't forget to choose the best network to broadcast your live show according to your audience: your own e-commerce site, Facebook, Instagram...
- Finally, choose a platform that is easy to use and that will allow you to capitalise on all your live events by facilitating, for example, the use of replay to enhance the value of the live event, but also by analysing the performance of the live events in order to improve;
- You are now ready to create your event and promote it to your customers!
As you can see, by investing in the right product, the right presenter, a suitable platform and relevant communication with your community, you too can easily embark on the Live Shopping adventure!